Ultimate Golf Driving Tips for BeginnerGolf Driving Tips for Beginners Driving is considered to be a frustrating aspect in golfing by a high percentage of …
Are you a golfer who uses estimation to record your distances? Leave the guestimation thing and start recording accurate data. You need to buy the golf GPS for you, a device that uses satellite technology to display the distance of your yard. That sounds awesome, right? The golf GPS are either handheld or smartphone-sized while some can even be worn on the wrist like watches.
- The laser rangefinders are used by the golfers who want to attain short distances. They are more like the higher spec handheld golf GPS. However, these don’t offer detailed data of the hole as well as green surrounds. However, they are hard to use when the flag is hidden or even when the hazards are behind trees.
- Golf GPS handhelds are suitable to the serious golfers. They offer a posterior view of the hole also. These offer more details and are ideal if the golfer plays different courses. You can also save your score on the GPS handhelds.
- Golf GPS watch comes with multiple features such as hazards, doglegs, and you can also pair your phone with the watches to receive updates. They are easy to use and observe.
Why should you buy a golf GPS?
Buying a golf GPS offers you multiple benefits whether the golf GPS is stripped back model or the detailed one. Why should you have a golf GPS?
They offer quick and simple information
Every kind of golf GPS offers the primary role of providing you with the yards distances. They offer you the exact distance that you are away from the center. The information is displayed quickly and is easy to interpret.
Ease of Use
Whether you are away from the golf GPS all you need is to turn it on and come back to the yard. Even for you who fear the technological technicality, it is very easy to use a golf GPS. What other devices may be that simpler anyway?Speeds up play
If you are a real golfer, you must have watched the masters. You will agree with me that anything that makes the game play faster is a great thing. Using golf GPS offers you that quick glance leaving you with the sole decision to select a club.
Accurate distance measurement
This includes the distance from the beginning to the end of the yard as well as the length of the hole. Additionally, you can also record the distance to the hazards, distance to fronts as well as to the back and center of the green. These measurements are very accurate and useful and above all save a lot of time. You don’t have to guess any measurement when you have a golf GPS, do you?
Gain more confidence
Being aware of your yard distance gives you added confidence before hitting the next yard. You don’t have to worry about a three-quarter shot. This alleviates fear and tension allowing you to swing better when playing.
Useful for wayward shots
This involves situations where the green is behind trees. How do you know the exact distance to the green? It would be absolutely hard to have an accurate shot without a line of sight. The golf GPS comes to rescue you from that to have a better, accurate shot.
Reduces handicap as well as shoot lower scores
People who have used the golf GPS can tell you that they experienced shaved shots off their rounds since starting using a golf GPS. Quite reasonably, the golf GPS alleviates tension resulting in a better score.
Enjoy your game
Imagine having a device that provides with every detail of the game. All you have to do is do the interpretation and play. Isn’t that nice? You end up playing well and consequently enjoy playing even more
Analyze your round
This comes after playing a certain game. You can go back to the device and learn a thing or two about the pitch and the statistics of the game for a better game next time.
You get to know the furthest and the closest you heat the golf ball with every club
Those who have used the gadget admit that it can be a humbling experience in that you may have a wrong impression of the ball movement and distance covered. However, the gadget can provide the correct data for distance covered.
Tips for buying the golf GPS
Buying the best golf GPS may be a challenge if are not careful. You may end up making the wrong selection. However, here are tips to consider when buying a good golf GPS:
The main reason for opting to use a GPS system is to attain accuracy on every shot you take on all golf courses. Choose the device that has modern technology for better and accurate results.
The different companies manufacture golf GPSs that have different display size. Choose the display that is easy to read.
Ease of Use
Despite looking for golf GPS that has as many features as possible, you need to choose the device that is easy to operate. Golf GPS can even be operated by a newbie.
A basic device should provide the points distance. However, different producers manufacture different features that are unique from each other. You should check a device that has added features like score keeping and tracking statistics.
This is a chief factor to consider while buying a golf GPS. However, how frequent you use a device determines how the battery drains fast. It would be very bad if the device ran out of power at the middle of the game.
Every brand will produce golf GPSs that have the features to suit the customers, but the quality is what matters most. Some brand names such as Garmin Golf GPS have been proven to produce quality.
Your budget determines the quality of a GPS that you will acquire. Cheap products may offer good service at first but don’t last long. Try to buy a good product at an added price to avoid maintenance costs and low quality.
Before buying the golf GPS check what customers say about the device. You get to know the best one helping you to make an informed decision. The best customer reviews to check are the Amazon reviews.
Top 5 Golf GPS Reviews
Garmin Approach S6
For the discerning golfer focused on fine tuning every element of your game, the Garmin S6 GPS Watch is an essential tool in your arsenal. This watch will definitely make sure have a great golfing experience that you have ever experienced before. This device gives you the advantage to create a battle plan for every course you conquer. Offering both precision monitoring of your performance and vital data to develop your strategy with every shot, this is a product is the ultimate course companion. The perfomance of this watch has been proved by so many golfers.
One of the greatest advantages of the Approach S6 is that the size and weight of the device are similar to a standard wristwatch. The accuracy of the GPS function of the device was impressive and the eight hour battery life while in GPS mode is suitable for rounds on even the most active and challenging courses. Smart technology also allows for alerts and interface with your smartphone to keep you aware of incoming text messages and e-mails.
Free updates of course maps and device software ensure that there are no hidden fees associated with the product, so the costs of Approach S6 are all up front.
Compared to similar products on the market, some will note that the Approach S6 carries a higher price tag than many of its competitors. However, the functionality, added features and attributes that have been loaded into this product which offer more than the advertised core function all contribute to demonstrate a great value for the spend. Shop and compare and you’ll arrive at the same conclusion.
The device does track scores and course statistics, the results aren’t viewable in real time on the watch itself. While this can be synced and viewed on a mobile device or online, it does represent one minor drawback to an otherwise strong platform of performance.
Garmin Approach S4
If you want to take the guesswork out of your golf game, you want to have the tool that picks up where coaching from your golf pro leaves off. With attention to the precise distance and direction of your next shot, you have the opportunity to take strokes off every round on the course over the coming golf season. The Garmin Approach S4 GPS Golf Watch is the device that can help to get you there.
- GPS Accuracy: The accuracy of the GPS technology is an amazing evolution for this type of technology. Knowing exactly where you are on the course and on the fairway helps you to pick the right club for the shot and the swing with confidence that you know where you want the shot to go.
- Overall Design: With the weight and appearance of a standard wristwatch, including time keeping functions and some added benefits with an odometer feature and a timer which allows you to keep track of your total game play, the Approach S4 is convenient for use both on and off the course. Boasting a ten hour function while in GPS mode, makes it convenient for a full day of play even on the most challenging courses. As a watch, in regular mode, the S4 can operate for up to six weeks on a single charge. The convenience of the S4 compared to other measuring devices is fantastic. Just strap it to your wrist and don’t even think about it.
- No Ongoing Fees: Free updates of course maps and device software ensure that there are no hidden fees associated with the product, so the costs of Approach S4 are all up front.
- Higher Price: Compared to similar products on the market, some will note that the Approach S4 carries a higher price tag than many of its competitors. However, the functionality, and features loaded into this product have a lot to offer.
- Analytics are Independent: Though the Approach S4 is tracking scores and personal performance, this wasn’t anything that I could share at the clubhouse immediately after my round. I needed to go home and download the information to my personal computer first.
- Reliance on WiFi signal: Some buyers have reported that depending on the strength of the wifi signal, sometimes the GPS coordinates may bounce from one hole to the next in the middle of play. Some have also experienced sensitivity in the touch screen function of the S4.
Garmin Approach G8
You will elevate your golf game to a whole new level with the Garmin Approach G8 handheld device. Combining the look and function of a handheld mobile device with all of the tools needed to give you a precise secret weapon on the course, expect your peers to start asking you “what’s your secret?”
- Convenience: With the look and feel of a mobile device, the Garmin Approach G8 is like a personal golf coach and computer that fits conveniently in your pocket on the course. The full color format helps the player to visualize the shot before them and the large numbers are easy to read.
- Advanced analytics: It’s not only about today’s performance, but the evolution of your game. The functionality of the Approach G8 includes not only this shot, but every shot you’ve ever taken to help you tighten up your game with every stroke.
- Great for beginners: Buyers who have used this product report that it was a great tool to help them attack the course with certainty, knowing that precise information and advice was provided to help them best direct their play.
- Advanced GPS: The evolution of GPS technology to this product allows you to re-assess every shot on the go, measure the success of each swing and discover more about your game than ever before.
- Touch screen sensitivity: Some buyers report that the touch screen technology, especially for a pocket-held device is sometimes problematic. Users report that the touchscreen function is sometimes overly sensitive.
- Dependency on reliable WiFi: Buyers have reported that in situations where the local WiFi network was not strong, the GPS function did not perform to expectation. However, this is less a problem with the device as it is the environment and local features.
- Non-scalable views: Some users report that the lack of scalable views, which is a routine function now with most applications on touch screen technology to enlarge or manipulate a view for better visual understanding was a frustration for them.
Did you know that most golfers think that they hit the ball a lot farther than they actually do? Using a rangefinder device can help you to improve your golfing game.
The Golfbuddy Voice GPS rangefinder is the viable alternative to a laser rangefinder, simply due to its small size, accuracy and simplicity. Using the Golfbuddy Voice is less obtrusive to your game than rummaging in your golfing bag to retrieve a larger, laser device, or trying to operate one of the more complex rangefinders, which can be confusing, and time-consuming, if they have too many functions.
- GolfBuddy Voice is a convenient device and useful for your game thanks to its form, easy of use and be able to clip on wherever you want.
- By using this device, you can improve your performance in the course as well as feeling more interested in your game.
- It has multilingual settings, with eight different European and Asian languages programmed in.
- The software updates to the system are all free, there are no fees or membership subs to pay, and it has a range of accessories available, such as an in-car charger, and a belt clip.
- The Golfbuddy Voice does not have the capability to show the distances to the front, the back, and the middle of the green simultaneously, and you have to press and hold down a button each time you wish to hear a different option from these. However, the newly launched Golfbuddy Voice + displays all three distance values at the same time, which is a good new feature, much more convenient, showing that you can always improve on a good thing.
Garmin Approach S2 Golf GPS Watch
Take some old school ideas and the wonders of modern technology and mix it with having a top game of golf and there you will find a Garmin Approach S2 GPS Golf Watch as a golf GPS for your game.
Golfers around the world have been investing in GPS watches in attempt to knock numbers off their handicap, up their game and help make them make better decisions on the green. These watches can be used in all weather conditions to help you get the most out of your game and aside from that it is a watch so you can tell how long you have been out for!
- Aside from all the technology and information the Garmin Approach G2 also looks great on your wrist. It has a sleek design which is comfortable to wear either as a watch or just for playing with.
- There is an option of interchangeable bands so you can match it to your clubs and is water resistant up to 10m, just in case you have to wade into a water filled bunker.
- It even comes with automatic time, date and an alarm so you can program in your schedule of games that you have lined up. And just on a health note the S2 works as an odometer so you can see how far you have walked in a day.
- There are not many disadvantages to using this watch, aside from it making you want to play golf when you should be at work.
- If ladies are wearing it then they just need to be careful of any perfumes or lotions they are wearing as it reacts with the metal and can cause some rusting of the watch due to the chemicals. It is always an idea to give it a quick rub with an alcohol wipe or glass cloth after playing just to wipe any residue away.
- Lastly, it is worth pointing out the charging of the watch. It comes with a USB cable so you can just pop it into your computer to charge up or there is an option of buying a wall charger if you would prefer. Charing time is minimal so it is recommended that you disconnect it once the battery is full as leaving it in will start the battery to discharge.
You should always combine design and functionality. Try to keep all the tips above into consideration when buying a golf GPS to land the best device.